Where to Rest Your Paws at Night in Queensland’s Wine Country
Stanthorpe & Ballandean
We’d love to see you and your fur baby in Southern Queensland’s Granite Belt Wine Country, where lots of dog-friendly spots are available for overnighting in a cosy cabin, caravan park or a variety of other options.
Mention your doggie companion at the time of booking to be sure you are given a dog-friendly cabin/room and note that often additional fees apply to cover the extra cleaning required.
Picture: Dog-friendly cabin at Granite Belt Brewery
Dog Friendly Cabins, Cottages & Villas
• Stay in a cosy wood cabin at Granite Belt Brewery Retreat and ask for one of their dog-friendly cabins – some even have enclosed yards attached to the cabin.
• Granite Gardens Cottages are pet friendly cottages suitable for small to medium dogs. The cottages overlook a lake and are surrounded by gardens. Guests bring their own pet’s bedding. There are ‘off-lead’ areas on the property but a lead should be used when walking dogs in common areas. A pet surcharge applies.
• Your fur baby can join you in your cute Stanthorpe cottage stay in ‘Silky Oak Cottage’ at Briar Rose Cottages (pictured below), complete with a gorgeous spiral staircase to the bedroom and a sweet little balcony. Small dogs are welcome to stay and to be inside (not on the bed and furnishings). A pet surcharge applies.
Picture: Silky Oak Cottage at Briar Rose Cottages
• Cypress Ridge Cottages welcome dogs to stay with guests in their cosy cottages at Ballandean. Dogs will enjoy sitting in front of a blazing fire with you, cosy and warm while outside the frost settles on the ground. These private luxury self-contained cottages are set on 70 acres of granite boulders and native bushland. View their pet policy.
• Mallow Cottage is dog friendly place to stay with your pooch on a picturesque farm outside of Stanthorpe. with a few conditions (dogs sleep on verandah or in laundry and are not to be in living or bedroom areas). As this is a working sheep farm, dogs must be on a leash outside the house yard and will certainly enjoy walks around the farm to the dam and shearing shed.
Pictured: View from Mallow Cottage on Mallow Farm
• Ridgemill Estate provide a dog friendly stay in one of their vineyard view cabins, plus their 3 bedroom house accommodation is pet friendly. Mention your pet on booking as prior approval is required and there are additional charges and terms and conditions.
Picture: Ridgemill Estate cabins
• Stay with your pet at Murray Gardens Cottages & Motel in Stanthorpe where the pet friendly rooms range from budget workers’ rooms to motels and cottages (selected rooms only) – plus there are fenced pet enclosures onsite. There is a $50 refundable bond per room for guests staying with pets.
• Molly Mac Cottages welcomes guests to bring their small dogs when staying at the cottages, which are spread out across 5 acres so no worries about disturbing the neighbours
Pictured: Molly Mac Cottages
• Alure Stanthorpe ensures your much loved pet indulges as much as you do at their luxury villas, with doggie bath robes and other thoughtful pet friendly inclusions available!
• At Sommerville Valley Resort on Storm King Dam pets are allowed at the resort but only outside the accommodation. There is a large deck area dogs can stay on at each apartment.
Dog Friendly Caravan Parks & Campgrounds
• It’s a dogs world at Foxbar Falls camping, with 1800 acres of bushland/lakes for dogs to explore across the whole property. There’s plenty of space, with five campground areas and dogs can also enjoy the trails and water activities on the property. No strangers to hosting doggies, they are proud to host Sled Dog Racing Queensland as a training and campground!
Picture: Foxbar Falls Campground
• Top of the Town Tourist Park in Stanthorpe have a whole stack of dog-friendly stay options! Two bedroom Pet Friendly Cabins with a fireplace and fully self contained and ensuited. Check out their Pet Friendly Snugs – an economical way to travel with your pets. The Snugs feature a fenced patio so your fur baby can settle off leash, and is protected from passing vehicles. Plus all caravan and camping sites are pet friendly. Need pet minding? – it’s available here by arrangement for up to 4hrs for a small charge (one enclosure available). Pet friendly Motel Room (one queen, and two single beds).
Pictured: Pet Friendly Snug at Top of the Town Tourist Park
• Country Style Caravan Park located between Stanthorpe and Ballandean offers dog friendly camping and lots of creekside exploring onsite. Dogs are permitted in cabins at Manager’s discretion, so give them a call.
Pictured: Country Style Caravan Park
• Sommerville Valley Tourist Park is a pet friendly resort and tourist park located 12kms from Stanthorpe at Storm King Dam. They allow pets on the camping sites and also inside the non ensuite cabins at no extra charge.
Dog-friendly Dining & Things to Do
Click here to see our guide for spots to dine and go exploring with your doggie on the Granite Belt.