- This event has passed.
July 31 @ 9:00 am - August 1 @ 12:00 pm$120
Introduction to hand torched enamelling
Introduction to hand torched enamelling to create unique jewellery using your own design.
Under the guidance of Penny Gillespie, contemporary jeweller and metalsmith, learn how to design and make unique copper enamelled jewellery (earrings or pendant) with sterling silver hooks and fastenings.
This workshop is delivered through sessions over two days. In the first session, you will learn the basics of how to safely work with the tools and techniques used to make hand torched enamels and start designing the piece you would like to make in the second session. Penny will demonstrate each step of the process and everyone in the workshop will get an opportunity to learn and practice the basic skills needed for the second session. In the second session, you will finalise your design concept, cut and form the metal you need, enamel your piece and learn how to make hooks and fastenings to finish off your new jewellery.
What you will get
- Individual safety equipment – N95 mask and safety glasses
- All materials, including copper and sterling silver sheet, sterling silver wire, enamels, sandpaper, sharpie pen, pencil and paper
- Morning tea
What you will need
- Your enthusiasm and creativity
- Covered shoes and a bib style apron
- Wear old clothes that you don’t mind getting stained, avoid loose style clothing
- A tie for your hair if your hair is long or falls over your eyes
- Location: St Joseph’s School Science Lab, Stanthorpe
- Days & time: Both Saturday 31 July, 9-12noon; AND Sunday 1 August, 9-12noon
- Cost: $120 per person – payment required at time of booking.
Numbers are very limited, bookings are essential through the gallery. Ph: 4681 1874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Light refreshments, tea and coffee will be provided.