- Our commitment to your privacy
You can download a copy of the Act here: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2017C00283
- Personal Information
The Act provides that “personal information” means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
3.1 Information for customers
3.1.1 Collection of your personal information
When you purchase your tickets to an event run or a competition by Granite Belt Wine Country, in person or online from third parties including TryBooking and Woobox they collect your personal information, including your:
- Residential address
- Postal address
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Details of the performance you are buying tickets to
- Credit card details
The terms of your third parties’ privacy policies apply to their collection, holding, use, and disclosure of your personal information. Those policies can usually be found on their websites.
Please note: Granite Belt Wine & Tourism is not given your credit card details by our ticketing agencies.
Use of your personal information
Our ticketing agencies use your personal information in order to deliver your ticket, process your payment arrangements, contact you in the case of cancellation or major disruption of an event and replace lost tickets.
In general, the purpose for which we collect your personal information include:
- Placing you on mailing lists electronically
- To inform you of activities, events and products that may be of interest to you, including tourism news or upcoming events
- Submitting entries to events or competitions
- To assist with enquiries you may have about the festival
- To maintain our business records
- To carry out transactions with you, such as to process payments
- Any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect
If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us, you can also contact our Marketing Coordinator (see section 6 below). Please allow 30 days for amendment of our records.
An unsubscribe facility is enabled with any broadcast email correspondence.
We also use your information, in anonymous form, for statistical purposes, to gain a better understanding of our audience.
3.1.2 Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to other organizations which provide us with marketing services, information technology services, or other services relating to our events and marketing.
We may also disclose your personal information if authorized or required to do so by law (for example, where we are required to disclose your personal information to a court in response to a subpoena).
We will not disclose your personal information for any other purpose without your consent.
3.1.3 Your right to anonymity
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, you may undertake business with us without providing personal information. For example, you may purchase tickets to a Granite Belt Wine Country event by cash payment, in person, without providing personal information.
3.2 Information for business associates
3.2.1 Collection of your personal information
We may collect your personal information, including your:
- Work contact details including your email address
- Personal contact details such as your phone number
in person, over the telephone, by fax, or by email in order to undertake our daily artistic and administrative operations.
For example, we may have your contact details if you are our “point of contact” within an organization with which we do business.
3.2.2 Use of your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the business purpose for which it was collected.
3.2.3 Disclosure of your personal information
We will only disclose your personal information if necessary to achieve the business purpose for which it was collected.
3.3 information for Granite Belt Wine Country social media followers
Any information posted on Granite Belt Wine Country’s social media pages including Facebook and Instagram and/or communicated in chat areas becomes public information. While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose via social media, a chat room or bulletin board.
We use aggregate information from our Facebook and Instagram accounts to better understand our audience, and answer your queries.
- Access to personal information
To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact our privacy officer (see section 6 below).
You will be required to complete and submit an access form.
You will also be required to provide proof of your identity. If you are applying by:
- Post or email – you must attach a certified copy of your identification to the access form;
- In person – you must produce the relevant information to the privacy officer.
Documents that provide sufficient proof of your identity are:
- Your current driver’s license;
- The identifying page of your current passport;
- Your birth certificate; or
- A statutory declaration by an individual who has known you for at least one year.
We will not charge you to access your personal information.
- Correction of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that personal information depends to a large extent on the information you provide to us. To help ensure the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you, please inform the Privacy Officer (see section 6 below) if:
- You become aware of any errors in the personal information we hold about you; or
- There are any changes to your personal information, such as changes to your name, address or other contact details.
Please allow 30 days for amendment of our records.
- Contact Us
For further information about the personal information we hold about you, access to or correction of that information, or for any other privacy queries or complaints, please contact our Marketing Coordinator via:
Telephone: 0447 250 821
PO Box 479, Stanthorpe QLD 4380 Australia