Where to Camp around Stanthorpe
Bring your tent or camper trailer – Granite Belt Wine Country has great spots to set up camp. Each and camp spot listed below is within short drive of wineries… Country Style Caravan Park is even right across the road from the nearest cellar door!
Foxbar Falls Campground
A family owned vegetable farm opened up and developed for campers to enjoy too, with lakeside waterfront and bush camping.
- Onsite walking trails, boulder scrambling, multiple swimming and canoeing locations, fishing, bird watching and bike riding
- A fire pit on every campsite
- Dog friendly
Location: 21kms north west of Stanthorpe
Cannon Creek Cabins + Camping
Newly opened at the end of 2020, Cannon Creek Cabins offers something quite different and though it’s available for individual bookings, it’s particularly an ideal choice for groups of up to 20.
- incredible communal guest facilities – note the beautiful guest lounge pictured below.
- bush camping nearby to cabins and communal guest facilities
- large communal guesthouse offers a large kitchen, dining, lounge and amenities in one.
- 4 non-ensuited sleep cabins onsite – affordable option if some of your group aren’t campers. With maximum 20 guests at the entire place, it’s easy to book out the whole location and have the place to yourselves.
Location: 10 minutes north west of Stanthorpe
Country Style Caravan Park
Camp on the edge of the Severn River amongst the eucalypts, with the convenience of a communal camp kitchen and facilities nearby, plus the nearest winery is right across the road (Komino’s Wines)!
- Bring your fishing rod and your kayak, riverside walks
- Fire pit at most campsites
- Dog friendly (for clean, well behaved pets with vaccination certificate)
Location: 9km south of Stanthorpe (between Stanthorpe and Ballandean)
Sommerville Valley Tourist Park
All campsites have views of Storm King Dam, with a boat ramp nearby and the convenience of an onsite kiosk, children’s play area and four camp kitchens.
- Spacious powered sites with concrete slabs, power and water. Also a shady, grassy area of unpowered camping available.
- Sites with fire pit available, request when booking
- Dog friendly (on application)
Location: 11km south east of Stanthorpe
Blue Topaz Caravan Park
Set up camp at Blue Topaz and you’re convenient close to Stanthorpe, plus a retro American style diner is right on your doorstep… think delicious chilli dogs, onion rings, milkshakes and the best burgers in Stanthorpe!
- Convenience of camp kitchen
- Fire pits available on request
- Dog friendly
Location: 5km south of Stanthorpe on the New England Highway
Top of the Town Holiday Park
Camp amongst acres of natural bushland, conveniently right on the edge of the Stanthorpe town area, with BBQs, three camp kitchens, a games room and even a swimming pool onsite.
- Close walk to dining at Aussie Beef Steakhouse
- Dog friendly
Location: in Stanthorpe, 2 mins drive from the town centre
Camping in Girraween National Park
Find Girraween National Park 27km south of Stanthorpe or 16km south east of Ballandean.
Camping spots in Bald Rock Creek Camping are amongst bushland and ideal for tents and camper trailers (not suited to caravans and RVs). Access some of Girraween National Park’s most popular walking tracks direct from the camping area.
Camping in the Castle Rock Camping Area of Girraween National Park is on open grassy space which is also suited for caravan and RV access.
Camping in Sundown National Park
It’s around 1hr drive from both Stanthorpe and Ballandean to reach Sundown National Park.
Glenlyon Dam Tourist Park
Particularly popular with those that like to drop in a line.
- Powered and unpowered sites available.
- Most camping sites offer views to the water.
- Not suited to travellers with pets.
Location: Glenlyon Dam, 97km west of Stanthorpe
Aloomba Lavender offers bush camping 20 minutes outside of Stanthorpe.
Have we missed any of your favourite camping spots? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org